Master of Social Work (MSW)
The Milagres College is a pioneer post graduate centre of Master of Social Work (MSW) education. Masters Degree in Social Work is a two year post graduate degree course offered by the college affiliated to Mangalore University. The College is dedicated to realize the dreams of the rural students to pursue higher education. Milagres Institution at Kallianpur in Udupi district has a credit of providing quality education in India.
The course pattern is designed by Mangalore University. MSW course is of two years duration with two semesters a year. It comprises of 15 theory papers excluding field work practice and research project.
Specialization in MSW
We offer Master of Social Work (MSW) for those looking for professional competence through the following specializations.
1. Human Resource Development, Personnel Management & Industrial Relations.
2. Medical and Psychiatric Social Work and Therapeutic Counseling.
3. Community Organization and Development
With the growth in welfare activities of the State and voluntary organizations, students qualified in this field have ample career opportunities for their future prospects.
Some career opportunities are illustrated below.
Human Resource Development Officer,
Employee Relations Officer,
Labour Welfare Officer
Industrial Relations Officer,
Central and State Government Departments,
Child Development Project Officer,
Block Development Officer.
Directors in Non Governmental Organizations,
Facilitators of Participatory Planned Change in Community Based Organizations,
Change agents with Subaltern groups
Research and consultation,
Community Development Officers in Corporate Sectors, Hospitals, Sanatoriums, Mental Health Institutions,
Counselors at Child Guidance Clinics,
Medical and Psychiatric Research Organizations,
Community Health Centre and Public Health Programmes,
Social Welfare Agencies,
Counselors in Corporate Sectors,
Adoption, Foster Care, Geriatric Care and Services,
Employment Opportunities in Prisons,
Social Welfare Departments,
The candidate seeking admission for MSW course must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent course with a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) marks in aggregate in all the subjects including languages. Students from other States need to produce eligibility certificate.
Submission of Application
Submit your application in the prescribed format supplied with this prospectus. Enclose the following documents with the filled-in application form.
1. An attested copy of the statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
2. One attested copy of the SSLC Certificate/CBSE/ State Board exam marks card containing the date of birth.
3. A copy of SC/OBC/ST certificate if applicable.
4. One latest PP size photograph along with the application (two pp size in total)
5. A non-refundable registration fee to be paid in cash / DD in favour of Principal, Milagres College Kallianpur.
Processing of Application
The duly filled in application form must be submitted to the college office on or before the last date for submission of the same. The selected applicants will be informed within 15 days of the last date for registration. The selected applicants must appear for interview personally along with their parents or guardians.
Selection for admission is made on the basis of the merit of the candidate, following an interview. The admission made by the college is provisional; it is subjected to the approval by Mangalore University.
Documents to be submitted at the time of admission
1. Original pass certificate and marks card.
2. Original SC/ST/BC certificate, if applicable.
3. Physical fitness certificate from registered medical practitioner
4. Transfer certificate.
5. Conduct certificate from the college last attended.
6. Eligibility certificate from Mangalore University if you have passed the qualifying examination outside Karnataka.
- Ø Guest Lecture by the practitioners.
- Ø Experienced and qualified faculty.
- Ø Innovative teaching techniques.
- Ø Field work quantity and quality target oriented practicum.
- Ø Scholarship to the meritorious students.
- Ø Team work among the teaching and non teaching staff.
- Ø Uniformity of dress code during special occasion and Field practice.
- Ø Constant feedback from the field work agency supervisor.
- Ø Review based field work supervision.
- Ø Consequent student seminars with regulated rules and regulations.
- Ø Study tour and rural / urban exposures / camp, mid semester/block placements.
- Ø Opportunities to participate in extra-curricular activities.
- Ø Campus recruitment assistance for job placement.
- Ø Spoken English coaching.
- Ø Remedial classes.
- Ø National seminars / Conferences.
- Ø Provision to get scholarship for SC/ST/OBC, minorities.
- Ø Provision for educational loan.
- Ø Miss Rolita Rebello
II Rank in the examinations conducted by the Mangalore University in the year 2009-2011
- Ø Miss Teena Machado
III Rank in the examinations conducted by the Mangalore University in the year 2009-2011
- Ø Miss Marita Menezes
IV Rank in the examinations conducted by the Mangalore University in the year 2009-2011
- Ø Miss Gamre Chima R Marak
I Rank in the examinations conducted by the Mangalore University in the year 2010-2012
- Ø Miss Yecha Tyngkan
IVth Rank in the examinations conducted by the Mangalore University in the year 2010-2012
For further Guidance and Details Contact:
P.G. Department of Social Work (MSW)
Milagres College, Kallianpur – 576114, Udupi, Karnataka, India.